I am an amateur blogger and one of the things amateurs like me get wrong is usually the quality of pictures in the posts. I have had my failings in this area. So I decided to do a quick search on how to find free high quality images online.
Here is what I found.
- MorgueFile.com It has a small but good collection of images that do not require any attribution. The best kind.
- Flickr.com has tons of images available. However, you must read the individual terms of each photographer to figure out which you can use, and which you can’t. Go for the “Creative Commons” licenses to sort them. If you do use any image, link back.
- Bigfoto.com offers pictures from around the world, including America, Asia, Europe, Africa, and Pacific. Each main category has subcategories, for instance “aviation,” which allows you to choose from pictures in a certain theme.
- sxc.hu has a large stock of free to use images online.
- FreeDigitalPhotos.net has more than 2000 free images you can use in both commercial and noncommercial work. You cannot sell, redistribute, or claim these images as your own. As with most of the sources on this list, just browse by category or search for exactly what you need.
I am sure there are more sites out there. I will update this list as I find more cool sites.