I found this tips on the internet in my first week of starting a new job in France. I tried to use them to help me go through the day and how I managed my energy. It helped tremendously in increasing my productivity and thought it will be nice to pass them along.
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh. When do you drink your first glass of water each day?
2. Define your top 3. Every morning I ask myself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” I prioritize the day accordingly and do not sleep until the Top 3 are complete. What’s your “Top 3” today?
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. I spend my 10 minutes getting away from my office and walking around, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water. What’s your most important task for the next 50 minutes?
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress. Every morning I try to run between 30 – 45 mins. How will you sweat today?
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness, which is why I try to keep a gratitude journal. What are you grateful for today?
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. I try to ask myself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?” So… what went well today? How can you do more of it?