These days we spend a great deal of time on the internet. Most of us can’t account for what we do on the internet we just find time drifting away while perusing through random pictures on Facebook or Instagram or checking out tweets. I consider myself an ‘inspiration junky’ and try as much as possible to do something productive on the internet anytime I am on the internet for leisure. Emphasis on the word ‘try’ since I hardly succeed at doing this.
This week I want to write about the most inspirational blogs on the internet. This is according to me and not on any rating. I find that perusing through some of these blogs with great content help me get in the right frame of mind everyday and make my internet adventure a bit productive.
Blog #1:Blog of Impossible Things
While there are alot of people writing self-help blogs on the internet, Joel Runyon may be one of the most inspiration people to ever start a blog. Runyon has been accomplishing things most people idly think about, but consider impossible, like travelling the world or running a marathon. The Blog of Impossible Things urges readers to stop settling for possible, realistic, boring things and strive for the impossible.
This post, The impossible List caught my eye.
The Impossible ListThe impossible list is NOT a bucket list. Not too long ago, I used to settle for the possible things in life. The sure thing. It was “realistic”, “safe” and boring as hell. I decided I needed a challenge.
The impossible list is that challenge. This list of impossible things contains all the things I ever thought I couldn’t do because it was “impossible.” The sort of things that I assumed the cool guys on TV only ever got to do. The things I never thought that Iwould be able to do.
This is my list of impossible things. I’m constantly crossing things off it as I accomplish them and adding to it when needed and I’ll be making regular updates about my journey on the blog. Maybe you’re bored, maybe you’re tired of simply attempting what’s considered “possible”, maybe you just want to try something different. This blog is for you.
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible” – Walt Disney
The Impossible List
- Change 1 Person’s Life For The Better
Help 100 Entrepreneurs Better Their Lives Through Micro-Loans at Kiva.org[163/100] [October 2012]
- Make A Loan To Every Country Kiva Loans To [61/65]
Raise $25,000 to Help Build A Freaking School In Guatemala with Pencils of Promise[December 25, 2012] (DONE. BOOM).
- Run a 5k [Nov 1, 2009]
- Run a 10k [October 2, 2010]
- Run a Half Marathon [November 6, 2010]
Run a Marathon[May 15, 2011] [November 6th, 2012 + couple more] [sub-4-hour]
Run an UltraMarathon[October 27, 2012]
- Run A Triathlon
- Run a Duathlon
- Run A sub 6-minute mile
- Learn parkour and make an awesome montage video.
Get a six pack and do a photo shoot to celebrate.[June 2, 2012]
100 consecutive pushups[April 14, 2011] [First Attempt]
- 200 consecutive squats [October 31, 2010]
- 50 Consecutive Pullups
- Do a Planche Pushup (Do 10)
- Do a Fingertip Planche Pushup (Do 10)
- Do 10 Freestanding Handstand Pushups
- Go Slacklining
Complete a Century Ride(May 11, 2013).
Run Tough Mudder(May 19th, 2013).
Finish the GoRuck Challenge(June, 2013)
- Visit Every Continent (North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Antarctica (and do something ridiculous here).
- Go Swimming in Every Ocean (Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic, Southern/Antarctic)
- Travel For 1 Year Straight
- Get a 2nd U.S. Passport
- Obtain dual citizenship with another country.
- Own a small flat in 4 different countries.
- Live on the beach in some tropical country for 3 months.
- Do A Cross Country Road Trip And Make a Film About It
- Do A Round-The-World Trip And Make A Film About It
- Visit Iguazu Falls
- Visit All 50 States [48/50]
- Visit 20 Countries | 50 Countries | 100 Countries | 150 Countries | All The Countries
- Start Impossible Island
- Go without internet for a month [July 2009]
Go without a car for a month[February 2012 +]
- Count & document all my crap
- Own less than 300 things
- Create a “Getaway” Backpack [I’m really excited about this]
Go Skydiving[May 1, 2011, June 3, 2011, June 26th, 2012]
Go Bungee Jumping[June 6, 2011, July 6th, 2012]
Go Parasailing[August 2009]
Learn to Kitesurf[May 14th, 2012 – Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic]
- Bike Across America
- Learn to Surf
- Get PADI Certified & go scuba diving.
- Climb a Volcano [Summer ’04 – Mt. Pacaya, Guatemala & May ’07 Kilauea, Hawaii]
- Learn To Freedive
Go Zorbing[September 1, 2013]
Go Indoor Skydiving[September 1, 2013]
Walk With Wolves (and get kissed by one)[August 13th, 2013]
Fly A Rocketman Water Jet Lev[August 19th, 2013]
Fly A Flyboard Water Hoverboard[August 20th, 2013]
- Be an Extra in a Movie [November 12, 2010]
Go to the airport and buy a ticket without knowing where I’m going.
- Get something named after me.
Events To Attend
- Visit Burning Man And Document It
- Participate in Tomatina
- Running of the Bulls
- See The Northern Lights And Do A Time Lapse Film Of It
SxSw[March 2012, 2013]
- Mardi Gras
- Carnival (Brazil)
- Learn To DJ
- Learn to Fly A Plane
- Learn To Breakdance
- Create a video that gets international coverage
- Get To Space
Become Fluent In 4 Languages
Start my own marketing agency[December 12th, 2011]
Make a full-time living online.
- Start an international company.
- Put $100,000 in the bank.
- Give $100,000 away.
- Create a million dollar company.
Make Impossible HQ into a Business.
Speak at a Fortune 50 Company[Target HQ – February 17th, 2012]
Create an Apparel Line[October 3, 2011]
Get Something Named Impossible
- Start A Business Incubator.
- Write an e-book [RMG: December 25th, 2010] [Impossible Manifesto: December 6th, 2011] [Impossible TRI: February 28th, 2012]
Publish a real physical book.
Start a successful blog
- 25,000 Subscribers
- 50,000 Subscribers